Navigating the Real Estate Tidal Wave
Navigating the Real Estate Tidal Wave...
Over the last year, you might have heard about or experienced the HOT Colorado housing market. As REALTORS®, we want to share some tips on how to make the most of this busy market and get the best bang for your buck.
Houses and condos are getting snapped up almost before the listing details are complete. That means that you need to be ready and willing to submit an offer on that home you love.
If you find a residence you like or think you might be interested in, don't delay in contacting us. The house may not be available by the time it takes you to rearrange your schedule. We don't want you to be disappointed.
If you are ready to begin your home search, here are a few tips to help you be best prepared when you fall in love with a property.
- Pre-qualify before you begin your search. This is important because in order to submit an offer on a property, you must have a letter from the lender confirming that you are qualified to be a potential buyer.
- Identify the areas that interest you and ask us to keep you updated on new listings.
- Be flexible. Keep an open mind about what you are looking for and what you are willing to consider.
- Don't hesitate. If one of us contacts you about a property that fits your search criteria and you are ready to look, do it quickly. If you wait a few days, or a week, it might be gone.
- Be ready to act!
If you have been thinking about selling your home, now is the time to act. Let's focus, strategize and capitalize on the Denver seller's market.
Here are some tips to help you prepare for your home sale:
- Prepare your property for sale. Allow one of our team members to walk through your home and advise you on how best to present the property.
- Consider renting a storage unit to help your home look less cluttered and maximize your staging potential.
- Keep your yard looking presentable, mow the lawn once a week, water on designated days and buy some potted plants to add color if you do not have a garden.
- Look at your home the way a buyer would look at your home. Step back and consider different aspects that you can play up to make your home more appealing.
- Once the house is on the market, talk with us about how to handle multiple bids on the property. In this market, you need to be prepared for every possibility
For those that might have a distressed mortgage, we would be happy to talk with you about options for selling your home. Click here for more information.
Let us support you, or your family and friends, when you are considering Selling or Buying your nest.
Virginia, Rachel & Tracy
Questions or Comments? Email Us!